Shandong Trip Photo Slideshow

Friday, January 30, 2009

Maaarieeee! @:

Day 1 of China!

I was really upset that we had to leave Singapore. After the briefing on Friday, I realized that everything was going to be in Chinese. I thought I was going to die, lost in translation, but after seeing a few bestfriends, I felt way better. Everyone started to get hyped at the airport. In the plane, I was sitting in the middle of the row, sandwiched between Miss Mardiana and a scary looking chinese man who never failed to stare at me every now and then. After a few aeons, we arrived in Jinan. I was so sleepy I didn't really care for anything but sleep.

Day 2 of China!

Rachelle and I woke up at 6.15 in the morning. We met Daniel and Jasper downstairs for breakfast. We then left for Dong Fang Bilingual School. The welcoming ceremony was really entertaining. It was alot of fun. After that, we went to the Da Ming Lu (I think I spelt it right). Everyone was really captivated with the beauty of the place. We had dinner and went to watch a show at a little theatre. Honestly, I was cold and miserable because everything was in chinese. I missed my mom like crazy and I wanted to go home.

Day 3 of China!

I had alot of fun today. We went back to the school and sat through 2 lessons. The practise mountain climb was  great. Book was really awesome, nice as always. We went back to the school for a couple more lessons. Jasper, Rachelle and I were having alot of fun. Afterwards, we were regrouped for the house visiting activity. I was with Jade, Jody and Jasper. The student whose house we were going to was really excited. It was so cute to see her be so enthusiastic. We found out alot about the Chinese culture from the girl's parents. We were really sad to leave but we had to. All of us were really sleepy in the car ride back to the hotel. I think today was my favourite, but there's still a week more to go.

Day 4 of China!

Woke up really moody and went to breakfast. We all boarded the bus and were off to Qufu. Everyone fell asleep in the bus. We stopped and went for lunch then we went to the Confucius Mansion. It was super hard trying to understand anything because the tour guide was speaking in Chinese. In the end, I found out the dude has a grandson and he was abandoned as a child because his parents thought he was ugly. He was then taken care of by a tiger and an eagle, that's really cool. We headed to the new hotel next. We didn't do much today, but it was really funny. It's nice to be around great people.

Day 5 of China!

Today was fun! Rachelle and I woke up at 6 in the morning. We didn't wait for the teacher's morning call because we were afraid of being late again. We discovered just how scary Mr Ho is. Hell hath no fury like Mr Ho scorned. Anyway, everyone was on time today so we had a good start to the day. We lugged our bags into the bus. It was so amazingly cold that Rachelle, Daniel and I wre breathing in and out to see the mist in the air. It was one hell of an experience. We looked really weird though, the China locals probably thought we were psychotic. We got to the Qufu Experimental School and had 2 lessons. Rachelle, Book and I got lost we went to the wrong class. At the end of the last class, all the guys swarmed us asking for my signature and email and what not.  We felt like superstars, HAHAH. It was really funny. I slept in the bus to Tai An and Jasper and Daniel irritatingly woke me up.

Day 6 of China!

Today was by far one of the toughest days in the history of tough days. We woke up and had breakfast. Everyone ate extra because we all needed energy for the climb up Mount Tai Shan. We got there and took another bus up to the midpoint of the mountain. The scenery had me awestruck. There were no more places in the bus so I had to sit in the front seat next to the bus driver, that was the joke of the day for everyone else. We got to the midpoint and began our climb. It was far from what I expected. It was so tiring, I was dead beat. After around one and a half horrible gruelling hours, we finally got to the top. That was a huge achievement. KFC was at the top waiting for us to celebrate.

Day 7 of China!

We had to wake up really early today to catch the flight to Beijing. I was excited but exhausted and quite agitated that we were moving to a different place or hotel almost everyday. Trust me, the first and second time is great but after that it's just painful. We all made it to Beijing in one piece. I was exhausted but we pressed on. We went to see the Emperor's Palace, but the highlight of the day was going to see the Olympic Stadium at night. Everyone was really hyper in the bus. The lights were so pretty. We had a ball of fun. We got back to hotel, Rachelle and I were freaking out cause the first thing we saw in our room was a computer and one king sized bed. I was kinda scared that she'd kick me off the bed at night. We went to chill at Orathai's room and raided everyone's room to try and find a bottle of coke that was supposedly passed around. We fooled around and got really crazy. Ended up getting to sleep at midnight.

Day 8 of China!

The last day in China! The trip had its awesome moments but right now all I want to do is go home. I miss my bed, and my mommy. We went to see the Great Wall of China, it was amazing to see it in real life. I didn't think it was that long and high up. After that, we had some fun. We went shopping at two different places. Finally, the best part of the trip had come. SHOPPING. I was desperate for some retail therapy. At 7.45 we all assembled at the entrance of the Ya Show Complex and boarded the bus to the airport. An hour or two passed and we boarded the plane. Now I'm sleepy in the aircraft. I'm going to miss China. Thanks for the memories.


Awww!

No comments: